Curry Bear’s IIFA Bollywood Prank
Recently I was in Toronto attending the Bollywood IIFA Awards. While I was there, I met up with some of my friends from Twitter. We went to the Fairmont Hotel where all the Bollywood celebrities were staying. The lobby of this hotel was packed with desi people waiting for a Bollywood celebrity to appear. Since I’m so evil & so are some of my friends, we decided to take advantage of these naive people.
One of my Twitter buddies, Jugal, (a.k.a JugalTheShah), came up with an idea for a prank. He suggested that one of us should pretend to be a celebrity while the rest of us take pictures with him in the hopes that other people will follow. We decided the fake celebrity would be our friend Uneeq (a.k.a MyNameIsUneeq), who also runs DesiDanceTeams.com. Our Filipino friend Joey (IamJoeyZuniga would pretend to be his bodyguard/escort. I told Uneeq & Joey to take the elevator from the basement floor and to get out at the lobby. Jugal & our sexy lady friend Swati (a.k.a IndianDiva) would be the ones to spot Uneeq and try to take pictures with him. Our hope was that Swati taking a picture with Uneeq would create a ruckus and others would follow. The other guys, Falgun (a.k.a Falgunz), Uneeb (a.k.a Uneebriated) & Rahul (a.k.a BoyNamedRahul), would be strategically placed to film & take pictures of this whole event. I decided to stand next to a fire alarm in the back in case my friends got in trouble. Yes, this whole prank was planned out like Mission Impossible. From the video, you can see our plan went rather well.
Here are some of the retarded things you will see in the video:
- an aunty taking a picture with Uneeq thinking he’s a celebrity and asking to take one picture “with my family”
- a bunch of kids asking for Uneeq’s autograph & trying to take pictures with him
- Jugal & Swati bursting out in their evil laughter once they see the crowd going out of control
- the security personnel asking Uneeq if he wants to be escorted to the special IIFA lunch for the actors
- Jugal’s terrible acting when he sees Uneeq and says “Oh my god, that’s him!”
Even after the camera stopped rolling, Uneeq was being stopped by people and they wouldn’t let him go. So there you have it folks. Now you can see how easy it is to fool a bunch of desi people with a mob mentality.